The Municipality of Cervia is located in Emilia Romagna, on a wonderful part of the Adriatic coast, 20km south of Ravenna. Its 10km shore characterised by fine sandy beaches and shallow water provides the setting for the resorts of Cervia, Milano Marittima, Pinarella and Tagliata. This area will welcome you with its natural beauty, traditions, culture, history and hospitable places offering numerous facilities for a holiday characterised by wellness, fun and relaxation.
Cervia Milano Marittima can boast an exceptional heritage of parkland. Cervia's centuries old pinewood, the southern part of the "dense and living woodland" sung of by Dante and Byron, stretches out over roughly 210 hectares. A 27 hectare natural park was set up in the pinewood in 1963. Another more recently planted pinewood of 24 hectares supplies a precious green lung between the beach and the resorts of Pinarella and Tagliata.
There are many public parks with facilities. Since 1968, respecting the "ecological" spirit that animates the town, Cervia Milano Marittima has possessed an efficient water purification plant. The 827-hectare saltpans of Cervia, still an important producer of salt, are also a natural reserve where avocets, blackwinged stilts, seagulls, mallards and many other species make their nests. Since 1972 the international event "Cervia Città Giardino" (Cervia Garden City) is organized, a permanent exhibition of flowers with the presence of several Italian and foreign cities.
THE VILLAGES OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF CERVIA
Cervia , the antique city of salt, is not just a seaside resort, but also a town steeped in culture and history. By strolling around the centre you will discover the charm of a city which was completely reconstructed brick by brick at the end of the XVII century.
- Milano Marittima Milano Marittima is an exclusive and renowned resort on the Adriatic Riviera. In recent years it has become 'the place to be' for even the most demanding tourists.
- Pinarella originated as a natural continuity to Cervia but it has been able to develop its own special autonomy and to have more and more tourists returning year after year to this comfortable place.
- Tagliata In the latest years Tagliata managed to turn into a modern and friendly tourist resort offering many facilities.
- Cannuzzo It is a small, agricultural village in the municipality of Cervia.
- Castiglione This village is an agricultural centre. Montaletto This village in the municipality of Cervia stands south of the Forlì Cesena province.
- Pisignano This small village in the municipality of Cervia is an agricultural centre.
- Savio It is an agricultural centre along the state highway Strada Statale 16 Adriatica.
- Villa Inferno It is an agricultural, handicraft centre.